Information Gathering: No Voting Information Meeting on Vision Work
Sunday following worship October 28, 2018
On Sunday, October 28 our Vision and Mission conversation continues immediately after worship for about one hour. There will be snacks to keep our energy up during the discussion.
This meeting follows up on the September 30th congregational meeting when we were asked to prepare new drafts of the statements to make them clearer and more outreach oriented. We were to bring them to the congregation before the end of October, and we look forward to sharing the new drafts with you on the 28th.
For now, here is a reminder of the September 30th draft statements:
Vision Statement September 30th DRAFT
- Nourished by the Holy Spirit in this Oasis, we go into Creation with love and justice.
Mission Statement September 30th DRAFT
- Rooted in Christian hospitality, we are called to be, and become, an oasis for all who seek a safe place for spiritual deepening.
- We hold that people of all backgrounds,abilities and beliefs matter.
- We welcome all to this community of inclusion, learning and compassion.
- We care about the wellness of our world and work for reconciliation for all, human and non-human.
Please note that this is not a decision-making meeting as we have not given the 3-weeks’ notice which the United Church manual requires. Thank you for your participation in this creative process!
Nancy Wyse, Brenda Kroschinsky, Dave Johnson, Margot Newton, Barb McFadyen-Smuin